View Single Post

Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
And where do you think bicyclists should go in other metropolitan areas where there are no bike paths, cart paths, or multi-modal paths? Why should TV be any different?

The bottom line is that bicyclists, car drivers, and cart drivers need to drive with caution and share the road, just like everywhere else in the world. If bikers ignore rules of the road and get hurt, it is their fault. If car drivers don't exercise caution around bicyclists and cart drivers than the car driver can be at fault.

I think a little tolerance and respect is all that is needed here.
Totally agree with this post. Just recently when travelling to my favorite Vietnamese restaurant in Memphis(which we'll miss so much when we move), found newly painted bike paths on a main road. It was a real surprise. Midtown Memphis which is a very artsy part of town near the U of Memphis. So I guess they are catering to people who like to exercise. Now I travel to the gym very early before sunrise and pass a slew of cyclists quite often. They wear outfits that light up and you can see them a mile away. They are very safe.

I just don't get the golf carts that are suped up to go over 25...

Last edited by aljetmet; 02-03-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Pressed post way too early...