View Single Post

Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Gold member
Default It's not always Creekside and CYVs that you get

My sister's home is in The Villages Property Mgmt program - during the season they mostly get monthly renters (might be 28 days), but usually off season they are overflow for lifestyle visits, probably the 2nd visits, but not sure. They have a designer in Largo. Sometimes even in season it is rented to Lifestyle visitors. They never know until they get the monthly statement.

They are not allowed (by Villages Prop. Mgmt) to have a golf cart on premises - they are told liab. issues (and it might be) but might also be for TV to make more money renting golf carts, although I think Property Mgmt was sold off a couple of years ago into a separate business under separate ownership.

It might be (the no golf cart rule) just because it would be a pain to maintain, instruct and deal with repairs, etc.

I agree with the advice to rent privately, or from a different mgmt co. If you are persistent (checking here, the Daily Sun classifieds, and all the other sources (thevillages4rent.com, vacationrentals.com, ****.com, etc) you will likely find a cancellation or availability at least in April. For March, most landlords probably won't take less than a monthly lease, but might be getting nervous about a last minute tenant and do it weekly.

Just be prepared to send lots of emails and make lots of phone calls unless you get lucky on TOTV. April should be easier.