View Single Post

Old 02-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Thumbs down The Villages Hospital

We did not have a great experience with the hospital. My brother-in-law was visiting from Canada. He went to an emergency care center here in TV. He was told he should get to the hospital ASAP. Given the necessary paper work to avoid long forms, and should have been admitted right away.

Had to fill out an hours worth of paper work, and he was in extreme pain.

When a volunteer came down to take him to his room, we went home thinking he was in good hands. The volunteer took him to his floor and handed over his package of forms and information. Shift change and a hour later some one asked him what he was doing there.

Next day when we went to visit, his nurse had not even read his file and had no idea why he was there.

I could go on.........., but even getting him signed out was a nightmare. And his nurse came into his room mad, because I had the nerve to go ask the floor nurse station what was going on and could they contact his nurse to get the paper work to us for his discharge.

Sad to give a bad report, but why gloss over facts, and pretend this sort of thing does not happen in The Villages.