View Single Post

Old 02-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJohn View Post
This begs the question that what do the police use for evidence if they don't recover the stolen items to use in court? How do they prosecute the person without evidence at trial? Then you simply claim the stolen items (at least this is how it works in most of the real world I'm familiar with).
I was at arms length for all the details of the prosecution, so I do not know details to your questions. The thief in my case had stolen 18 different times (single clubs and sets) from around TV. When he was caught, he plead out for a reduced sentence. Part of the deal was that he would detail where he had stolen clubs from and where he had sold them. In addition he agreed to pay restitution to the victims. (this is what I was told by sheriff)

I was lucky to find them at all. I was up north filling out forms on the verge of insurance fraud when a friend called and told me he saw an article in the paper that they caught a guy who had stolen clubs. I called the sheriff and sure enough some of my stuff was in Ft Myer. the sheriff had no interest in them.

The state attorney's office did the rest. I just answered some questions and filled out some forms.

Last edited by ajbrown; 02-09-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling