View Single Post

Old 02-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieswamie View Post
The 411 Urgent Care Center, which has two locations - one in Summerfield and one in Buffalo Ridge, has a hospital employee who will pre-register you for hospital services if staff at 411 Urgent Care determine that you need to be seen in the ER or you need additional tests only offered at the hospital. I have been the recipient of these services several times - pre-registered, fitted with an armband and given paperwork which allowed me to simply say "hello" to the registration staff at the hospital, thereby expediting my necessary visit to the hospital to be seen in the ER or to have tests/x-rays, etc.

Adam Santos and his brother, John Santos, at 411 Urgent Care have taken excellent care of both me and my husband on several occasions. The most dramatic of which was when I went to see them obviously quite ill. I did not realize exactly how ill I was, but Adam did. He called an ambulance and I was admitted through the ER with systemic MRSA. Yes - MRSA - isolation in the hospital - a pic line - the whole 9 yards - and I lived to tell about it.

I do not know that this is the urgent care center that the OP is referring to, but it has been my personal experience that this is one urgent care center that can make it a bit easier to bypass some red tape at the hospital.

On an additional note, I have been inpatient in The Villages hospital 3 times since living here. All 3 times, I received excellent care. My husband has been inpatient also and received excellent care.
I always look up healthcare practitioners at the state medical licensing board lookup at this page:
Healthcare Practitioner License Search

When I see that an urgent care practitioner is actually a registered nurse practitioner or a physician assistant, I'm going to look up next the Supervising Physician under whom they must practice, and I'm going to look and see where that supervising physician is on hospital staff or not.

If I'm seriously injured or seriously ill, I'm going to the E.R. There, if I get suddenly worse (like having a heart attack or stroke), they are equipped with all other departments ready to intervene and treat immediately. This is when price and wait times are a secondary concern of mine.

Just one person's observations.