View Single Post

Old 02-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Just had to drop a note about the Villages Hospital. I had to go there for some surgery on my knee the other day. All I can say is I was VERY impressed with the Hospital,check in was quick,piano music in the lobby as your waitng, nursing staff was great etc. Very clean,bright. My prep nurse was very attentive as was my charge nurse after surgery.She even called the next day on her day off to see if I was doing alright. Having come from Long Island and the supposed big Hospitals I found TVRH to be far superior to that of LI. I wouldn't hessitate giong there again at all. KUDOS
I am very happy to here this as I am from New York orginally, and one doctor told me the medical care in Florida is sub-standard.

IMHO - One must be their own best advocate when seeking medical care. I have experienced several family members, who go to the doctor and don't have a clue as to what kind of questions that need to be asked. When I say, they should make a list of questions prior to going, they look at me like I am from another planet.

Today's doctors have only ten minutes to give you as they feel they are losing money. It's best to be prepared as opposed to going home and then thinking, I meant to ask the doctor this. I have found it extremely difficult to get my doctor on the phone after a visit.

Just sayin..........

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).