Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I weigh daily on a scale that shows weight, fat percent and water percent. Wish I had one that showed muscle as I'm trying to build up muscle just a bit to boost my metabolism.

I was too thin most of my adult life until I was 50. Then my metabolism died and I found myself eating less and less and weighing more and more. I got up to 134. This past fall, I decided to give it back-- the weight that is. I had a goal to weigh 114 by my 60th birthday, then to lose more and maintain a weight below 110. (I'm under 5'2" tall and small boned.)

On my 60th birthday last month, I weighed 113.6! Amazing the power of a goal! Yesterday morning I cracked the 110 mark weighing in at 109.8 Did it by exersizing 50-minutes daily, portion control, eating mostly whole foods, some protein with every meal and drinking green tea.

To avoid boredom with exercize, I vary among weight classes, zoomba, yoga, pilates and walking. Several years ago, I tried exercizing 3 days a week and found myself making excuses not to go. Something amazing happened when I decided on a daily program. It was hard at first, but after three weeks without missing, I couldn't stand to miss a day! I find I greatly look forward to it. I guess you build up an addiction to it. Best addiction ever! Who knew.
Pturner, Congratulations. That is quite an accomplishment and you're not yet full time in The Villages. I find it so easy to be active when I'm here. Unfortunately my travel schedule does not lead to healthy eating or exercise when on the road.