Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I try to be happy with the body God gave me, and give thanks that I'm alive and healthy and able to enjoy my golden years. But there are definitely times I look in the mirror and sigh for my old bikini days.
I so hear you Barefoot. My dear friend has MS and I think about her and how her body has betrayed her; how hard it is for her to do just normal things in life and I feel bad obsessing about my arms or whatever. I wish I could let it just be but I've never been one of those people who didn't have to think about it. Any weight I don't put on is strictly by obsession only. I so admire anyone who is comfortable with their bodies at ANY weight and wish I could feel like that. You never hear a woman say what a man says casually with a smile on her face, "Yup, got an extra 25 right here" (patting her gut).