Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
I so hear you Barefoot. My dear friend has MS and I think about her and how her body has betrayed her; how hard it is for her to do just normal things in life and I feel bad obsessing about my arms or whatever. I wish I could let it just be but I've never been one of those people who didn't have to think about it. Any weight I don't put on is strictly by obsession only. I so admire anyone who is comfortable with their bodies at ANY weight and wish I could feel like that. You never hear a woman say what a man says casually with a smile on her face, "Yup, got an extra 25 right here" (patting her gut).
I also admire women who are comfortable with their bodies at any weight. In a perfect world, we'd all love ourselves, no matter how we look or what afflictions we have. I love the Dove ads.

You are so right about the difference between men and women where weight is concerned! I've seen so many men whip off their t-shirts to take a swim with no thought of their beer gut whatsoever. And then I see gorgeous women wearing bathing suit coverups until they slide modestly into the pool.