View Single Post

Old 02-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Veteran member
Unhappy Hot Water Recirculating Pump

Had a problem with hot water reaching the master bath. We have a newly-built Lilac in Charlotte. Water was merely tepid after running for minimum 4 minutes. Complained to Warranty Department. Builder checked it out, admitted that it took a long time (after he ran the water), said that waterheater needed a recirculating pump. Now, I find this hard to believe. I lived in an apartment in NYC, a two family house (second floor) where the boiler was in the basement, and a one family house with a boiler in the basement, and never had to wait 4 minutes for hot water. $485 later, at least I have hot water in the master bathroom. Project Manager claims "that's just the way it is". No remuneration offered. This must be a design flaw (like the stupid windows with no bottom "lip"). I love my house...generally, but am disappointed with some things and annoyed that both the builder and project manager consider these things "normal". BTW - I don't think the water is travelling all that far - from the garage to the master bath, but I'm beginning to think I'm nuts about these things.

Last edited by applesoffh; 02-18-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: error