View Single Post

Old 02-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Unhappy

I paid Social Security contributions for the last 45yrs through a payroll tax. This paid for my parents ss. Now it is my time. I went without a lot of things. Worked two jobs of 40hr overtime sometimes, seven days a week sometimes both. I got layed-off sometimes, so I took anything I could find even at a lot less pay than what I had been making.
My son went to college. When he left 911 happened so he enlisted. He makes about 45K a yr with BAH and has to pay taxes on it He has a wife and two childen. If he was on welfare, he would get housing paid for. Food card so that is paid for. He does not get that. Utilites like oil heat and electric they don't pay him for that.They give a cell phoneto welfare recipients too. He dose not get that. And in most cases they get 15K or more for spending money. He does not get that. Clothing allowance for Kids - He does not get that. He is drug tested, if he test positive he gets housing in Levenworth. Alcohol - 3 beers in one 24hr time he will lose good conduct and a pay raise and could be kicked out.His Wife can not work a regular job becase he can be called on duty anytime and has to go. He can be relocated anywere at anytime they want him too. Sometimes he will joke that welfare might be a raise in his economic ladder.
Most of our service members live like this and noone worries about their feeling or self-esteem. Military families are providing us with a service. Why should welfare famlies live better than the military families? Something is VERY wrong with this picture!

God Bless are military members and their families.
Jim

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!

Last edited by kandj; 02-22-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: spelling