View Single Post

Old 02-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Thumbs down EQUITAX review

After researching various Property Tax Advisors I decided to use EQUITAX. I filled out the Property Tax Service Agreement and paid the Administration fee. I got conformation that EQUITAX had received these and that they would begin working on my appeal. After some time no work had been done for me and I attempted to contact the EQUITAX of Southwest Florida office. The office had been closed without informing me or any other of the clients and no longer provided any services. I contacted EQUITAX, INC and informed them of my situation. They sent me a letter back saying that they would not finish my appeal or offer me a refund for the money I already paid. The letter then went on to blame the franchise owner Jeff Brody and stating that what he "owes both a legal and moral obligation to his clients to perform the services for which he was hired and for which his clients have paid". EQUITAX, INC took no responsibility for this franchise, all they did was give me all of Jeff Brody's information and told me to attempt to contact him in order to discuss my case or request a refund. Earlier in the letter they had stated that they were unable to contact him, so any effort I put into it would be a waste. EQUITAX did not stand by the values they published on their website. I would recommend finding a different property tax advisor because with EQUITAX you cannot be sure that you will actually get the service you pay for.