View Single Post

Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Gold member
Default Range

Most carts will get a range of 35 miles with no problem. And some up to 50.

I just do not understand why range anxiety is a problem? People that do not charge their carts at night properly or have depleted their batteries down to the point of non function are the one's running out of juice.

I am telling all that soon a Gas powered cart will have the same appeal as a smoker sitting next to your grand kids blowing toxic fumes.

As I have stated before. If the Gas Carts were emission controlled to emit air cleaner than what came in like our modern automobiles than I would buy one. Fuel injection is a start but not the total answer.

If I have take a golf cart farther than a 35-40 mile trip forget it. I'm going to be in my Truck Car Van Prius Smart Car or what ever.

Now there are some people that because of pace makers etc cannot be near a electric vehicle or so I have been told?

Yet for the rest of us New Residents a statement of clean environmental responsibility can be made by buying a EV. We do not have to give up our Gas Cars Trucks Motorcycles Boats Lawnmowers etc.

Why not think about having just one ( 1) Clean Quite Non Polluting golf cart. More residents with more electric's will bring more charging stations.

Tomberlin'
EZ-Go
Club Car
Yamaha
Etc

In a battery version. And the argument of having to replace batteries every four years?

Well take 35 miles per day at 5 days per week * 12 months per year at 40 mpg paying $4 per gallon.

Hmmmmm you can buy batteries cheaper after 4 years than the fuel. And thats not counting oil changes and other service.

But I respect all that have to have that Gas Cart. It's a free country for all to choose what they feel best with..

I do not expect many to agree with me. Give me a four gas analyzer your gas cart compared to your car and 20 min of time and you would gasp. My lawn mower produces more carbon monoxide and raw HC than my Chevrolet V8 truck! Now take 50k Gas carts all belching chugga chugga pop banging and you have a perfect storm for a inhaler Asthma Day.