View Single Post

Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Default Great antenna

Good evening all. First, thanks for being a fan of public radio. Since I just retired from 40+ years at public radio stations, most of it managing a network in Kansas, I thank you. Kansas is flat like Florida. We have many people on the edge of our coverage that want better reception. We've experimented with many, many antennas, and settled on one made by Terk that is powered. Radio Kansas Public Radio for Kansas

You can see what it looks like on the web page and I'm sure buy them on the internet elsewhere or actually from the station. We actually sell them near cost just as a service.

You MUST have an actual antenna connection on your radio. Not just the two wire thing for the dipole, but a true connector that looks like a cable TV screw in type. These should really work well for you, IF you have a stereo or other equipment with that connector. The much touted Bose Wave has that connector. Interesting thing. It is one of the most expensive radios on the market, and the sound quality is excellent. However, the Front End, which is radio talk for how well it receives distant signals is terrible. So this antenna will help.

Best of luck. Maybe if we succeed in moving to the Villages next year as we plan we can start a public station! I've built dozens of them.