View Single Post

Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Gold member

I think Woody Johnson wants to sell more tickets. They still have a lot of PSLs that remain unsold. Even after their price cuts the PSLs are insanely expensive. Tebow is a pretty popular guy with a large following. He'll probably put some butts in the seats.
I like Tebow and think his biggest value will be putting pressure on Sanchez. Mark will have to perform better now. When he has a bad game now he'll be hearing a thundering TEBOW, TEBOW, TEBOW from the stands. I don't think Ryan will bench Sanchez for a couple of bad games but who knows, the pressure will be there.
As for Tebow running the Wildcat, maybe it'll work, maybe not. To my knowledge Tebow has never run the 'cat in his life. In Denver he ran the spread option and did it well. He could run it, pitch it or pass it. When it's run well it's tough to defend. The Wildcat is pretty much a single wing offense. They snap the ball to a running back and he takes off following his blocking back. It's actually more complex than that with the man in motion and different looks but it's not nearly as effective as it was a few years ago when Miami made N.E. look like a high school team the first time they played. The second game the N.E. defense had time to prepare and they and no problem at all defending the Wildcat.
It will be interesting. I wonder if the Jets would have been interested in Tebow if they'd kept Brad Smith.

Last edited by bluedog103; 03-22-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Typo