View Single Post

Old 04-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzyfitzy View Post
THANK YOU---none of them have ever been bone dry....SO, hopefully, you are right! How do I know for SURE??

Lynn
I sent you a PM with a person who will understand issue and not sell you anything unless it is needed.

How do you know what is wrong for sure?

It is hard to say. It is possible you have a leaky battery, a battery that is overfilled, a bad battery or charger overcharging the pack. The last two are less likely.

If you are comfortable with it open the batteries up and look at the level of water in each cell.

If any are filled to the bottom of the vent well (see picture in link below) or higher, they are likely overfilled and will boil over for a bit for a bit.

I keep the cells filled to about 1/4 inch below the vent well. Here is a great link from a great site to educate anyone on batteries:

Trojan Battery Company

Look at your water levels as compared to the pictures in the link above. I suspect your batteries are like the ones in the left picture.

In addition get your self a mat to park on. If it really is acid on your floor it should stain the cement a rust color.

Good luck.