View Single Post

Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Gracie, I see where you said this is the start of the big selling season. I thought that the busiest selling time would have been Jan, Feb, March, and would be slowing down about now?
This is based on just my observations. And our rep, Jim McLaughlin told us once that many life style visitors come back in the Spring and buy. The busiest selling season across this country has always been in the spring and when school is getting out. That would enable prospective buyers here to sell their houses there.

I doubt that those people would take the day off and work very long for an organization like Morse runs. Sometimes there is a sign that says that the open house is cancelled. Things happen quickly around here.

We wanted to buy the house that became the house next door to us in Hadley. But it was taken off the market a half an hour before we could see it. Those people became our dear, DEAR, friends and neighbors. I remember how incredulous I was then. Four years ago at this time they did not build for you. You only had choices of homes already built.

A couple of years before that you could make wider choices and build. Now the choices are wider again and they are building for you.

It still is NOT anything like the choices of a custom home back where we came from, but they build a darned nice home and we are thilled with ours. It was the eighth home in our lifetime we had built. And the eleventh NEW home. I have no complaints.

Just my two cents. Waiting for change.