View Single Post

Old 05-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,378 Times in 2,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyworld View Post
Last Saturday evening I went to Redsauce to have dinner and a couple of drinks at the outside bar. I looked around and there were no tobacco junkies at the bar. I sat down and there was a empty seat next to me. By the time I got my drink, this guy in his 30's sat down and lighted up. I had already ordered a chopped anipasta salad. By the time I got my salad, this guy smoked two cigs. I got my salad and counted five more cigs he smoked while I ate my meal;. The couple next to me split because they could not take the smoke any longer. I tried to get my check so I could pay and get my butt into some clean air but the barmaid was busy due to the crowd. This guy went to light up again and I asked him if he ever came up for fresh air? He laughed as if it was a joke. I then told him he was a inconsiderate SOB and finally got my bill and quickly paid it and left. I went inside and talked to the female manager and she said that there was nothing that can be done about people smoking outside. Now I am all fired up. This guy doesn't even live in The Villages. Him and the other cigarette smoking drunks that hang out there don't even own a home in The Villages. They hang there only because it's cheap to drink there. I don't know about you, but I think the time has come to end ALL smoking at restaurants and outside bars in The Villages. Why do the majority of people need to smell that fowl smoke from the few that do smoke? Let me know how you feel as I am getting a movement going to end all outside smoking not only in the Villages but also in the entire State of Florida. Please email your congressman and State Senator and lets put a end to this smelling nasty smoke once and for all. ------And to you smokers that don't agree with me and are offended by this post, you brought this on yourself!!!!!
Here is some information:
Florida Clean Indoor Air Act (FCIAA)