Thread: Fitness Centers
View Single Post

Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lady View Post
Have you thought about joining MVP? I'm a member there and love it. They have a huge exercise area with all kinds of equipment and they offer different classes all day everyday. I don't know about cost comparisons to the rec centers, but as I've always been told, you get what you pay for.
MVP is a superior club. They have over a dozen trainers certified by the National Association of Sports Medicine, they offer over 150 classes per week (spinning, yoga, pilates, aerobics, group power, group core, etc.) included in your membership, top of the line equipment (which they maintain/replace frequently), an "express" workout from 8AM-12PM Monday through Friday, lockers and towels are free, sauna, special fees for TV residents, all staff members are CPR certified, etc.

It is a financially stable company (owned by the same company that owns the Orlando Magic and Amway) and has sister clubs in Orlando and Michigan.
I looked at the rec centers and was pretty impressed, but MVP blew them away. I love working out there!

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages