View Single Post

Old 05-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Veteran member

Live in the Village of Charlotte since late January. Construction on the surrounding lots - most of which were empty - began the beginning of March. I can assure you that calls do not result in anything being done. We, too, called our sales rep, who sent someone out to clean up all the garbage, but, really, it's not his responsibility. We have the same problem with blowing sand. It IS possible to have silt fences put up - they're up in parts of Charlotte, but no matter who we called, we were told that nothing could be done. It's filty here - you can't sit in the lanai. I pick up bottles, cigarette butts, cans, fast food wrappers, etc., daily. Blowing sand from surrounding lots is killing my sod, some of which will be replaced at my expense. I love my house, enjoy the company of the few neighbors living here that I've met, and am happy I moved to TV. That said, people living in construction zones are left to fend for themselves when it comes to blowing sand, construction debris (styrofoam, wood, etc.) and the junk left behind by the contractors themselves. The icing on the cake is that, due to water restrictions, we can't even powerwash the houses and lanais. All of this will eventually cost us money - the powerwashing, having all the air exchanges cleaned and the filters changed, replacing sod buried under blowing sand...with no allowance or compensation from the developer.