View Single Post

Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Location: The Villages, Florida, formerly of West Des Moines, Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count'n the days View Post
Congratulations! Wish we were that close. Our time table is to house hunt in August or September and move in early December, as soon as I retire. Hoping that allows enough time if we decide to build. Let us know what you think, please. Also, please give me a ball park figure on how much it cost to move your furniture and how much you moved. Thanks.
The best thing we ever did was to spend two full months, everyday, sorting, organizing and purging by selling or donating. We sold all our furniture except a new computer armoire and guest room bed, most everything in our garage, and my beloved VW Beetle! We sold our house in Iowa and have now transitioned, temporarily to our daughter's house in Kansas where we're storing everything we still own.

We will begin our TV house hunt May 21, and after buying a place move in a 17-foot U-Haul truck! I highly recommend this for the freedom and light feeling it is to have downsized and simplified, as well as for the less costly move. Now I can't wait for the fun of buying all new, Florida-stylish furniture for a warm climate.

We're hoping to be full time residents by late June.
Linda
http://www.FlourishingPalms.blogspot.com