View Single Post

Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
For years this forum has been peppered with posts about politicians who lie.

Posters characterize this as the worst possible behavior and rail on about how no one who is caught in a lie is fit to hold public office. If an office holder lies, it is grounds for impeachment or recall.

There is a silly thread currently circulating here about President Obama's behavior in high school. The author finally admits he started it because of the attention given to reports of Mitt Romney's high school hijinks.
But, as often happens, the thread focuses on the superficial information rather than the real issue. Romney was asked about his participation in a the harassment of another student while in high school. The student might have been targeted because he acted 'gay'. The four others who ganged up on the kid and cut his bleached-blond hair remember this incident well. A couple of them admit feeling guilty when they think back on what they did.

The real issue here is not about Mitt Romney's behavior in high school. Only the participants know what it meant and whether it was hijinks or bullying. And it was 50 years ago. And the 'victim's' family released a statement today regretting that the matter has been dredged up.

Romney claims he has no recollection of the incident. Everyone who has heard all of the comments by the other students who were with Romney have concluded that Romney is not telling the truth.

So if you are thinking of voting for Romney, does it concern you that he lied about this?
First, I reject your assumption that there was a lie told.

Second, to give you a direct answer, I don't care (still rejecting your idea that he did)...I DO CARE however about the President of the United States lying to me...that is easy.

If this race for President was based on character alone, we have ourselves a landslide and Obama can add to the unemployment rate.

I have been saying on here for over 3 years, PLEASE read his books...check the archives in Chicago....this man, while he does seem like a decent family man has a past full of lies