View Single Post

Old 05-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritParrothead View Post
John Denver, in london, he was playing at the Royal Albert Hall. We had back stage passes. He came over to introduce himself, then bought me and hubby a drink.
In your mentioning John Denver it reminded me, although no famous people come immediately to mind in my case, that my son has met John Denver and several other famous people. He met John when he was working for the Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga Springs. He also met James Taylor and was even hit upon by one of his backup singers. He even got the chance to sing with the NYS Opera Company at the PAC. It was back stage with other opera performers during a part of the opera where they were not out on state. They said to make sure he didn't mention that they let him do it to the director or they would have gotten in trouble.

Others he has met included Sybill Shepherd while sitting next to her during the pilot shoot of "Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus"; Terry Bradshaw at a private house party and Kelly Hu who has appeared on many prime time TV series programs, too many to list. At the time she was on "Martial Law." He got to know her well enough that she gave him a recommendation to get into the Howard Fine Acting Studio in LA.

After graduating from the LA Film School he also had the opportunity to meet the following while on film shoots: Eva Longoria, Wanda Sykes, Tom Bosley, Robert Wagner and others whose names you would probably recognize. I wonder how many famous people he's met that I'm not aware of.

As for me, the only thing I remember is that I did meet and get an autograph of a famous C&W singer back in the late '60s. I can't remember her name for sure, but I think it was Loretta Lynn!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"