View Single Post

Old 05-18-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Red,

I'll give you another reason to post.

His name is Lou Alcindor and he came from NYC. Aren't those guys big. They are amazing.

I also met Wilt Chamberlain in JFK airport. He was so big that he was sitting on the rail of the baggage carousel and he was still taller than most people standing up. Amazing, and he was a nice man as well.

Keep going Red, only a few more posts needed, Good Luck!
I played basketball against Lew Alcindor in high school,they won.My college roommate , fraternity brother,and best friend is one of the wealthest men in america and has introduced me to more celebrities than i can count.My girlfriend and partner for the past 15 years has a beautiful and talented daughter(that's a real sweetheart)is an actress that has already won two emmy awards. All the celebrities i've met with her, in New York and Hollywood, and with my best friend traveling throughout this country, and on millionaire's row at the Kentucky Derby are numerous.Now for the bottomline,the best, most genuine people i've ever met live in TV.I continue to shake my head at the obsession this country has with celebrities.If you really got to know most of these people, it would be a HUGE disappointment.All your heroes should be your parents,grandparents, other family members and friends.My hero is my grandmother who came to this country with nothing during the Great Depression and raised 4 terrific children, one being the love of my life,my mother.