View Single Post

Old 06-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
2 1/2 percent of the us population walks the walk and growing in popularity.

More power to the two and a half percent.
I'm saying it's difficult to be so rigid when one has to feed other family members. I've always been interested in the same subject you are.

yep they suck
I agree

Sounds like a vegetarian not vegan diet
She considers herself a vegetarian.
However, she does prepare meat for her husband.

hamburger no, there are 100's of other bbq things to make including rice or whole wheat pastas.
Not our kind of barbecue. They like barbecued spareribs, chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs..........salads, yes. Corn on the cob, fruit pies, etc. and ice cream. I love rice, but not on the grill.

When vegan cookbook author John Schlimm throws a summertime barbecue, don't expect him to throw a bunch of soy burgers and veggie dogs onto the grill and call it good.
They are horrible, for sure.

"I want to show that there's so much more that can go on the grill than frozen veggie burgers and asparagus," he says. "You can put just about anything on the grill."
All the top chefs are grilling their onions, peppers, eggplant, you name it , mushrooms, alongside the meat.

Recipes included with this story: Rainbow Carrots With Cilantro Chile Drizzle; Tex-Mex Tempeh for TwoTropical Kebabs With Raspberry and Cointreau Dip.

That's one of the reasons Schlimm wrote the just-released "Grilling Vegan Style," which features 125 recipes designed to add bite to any plant-based backyard barbecue. He also wanted to prove that grilling isn't just the domain of meat lovers.

read more how us poor vegans deprive ourselves

perhaps but it can't help, after a 2-3 months all these cravings one may have disappear wen you step on a scale or look at your test results and just realize you have more energy.

your correct, losing weight alone doesn't change the risk of cancer or cardio vascular issues.

The folks I was referring to DID NOT LOSE WEIGHT.
THEY WERE NATURALLY SKINNY TO BEGIN WITH.

If you eat foods that increase the those risks you may be alive as you say but alive and thrive are two different issues.

Perhaps but newer research is indicating otherwise.

You said you get science behind it all but some of the things you say R going against that science, just saying...

I hear you, but we live in the "real world"..........when we have a family reunion.........there are maybe two folks out of 50 who are avid health food fanatics......to them "everything is poison" and believe me, it doesn't add to the jolly nature of the reunion. These two folks are the ones who do not have the best disposition....plus are the ones popping all the supplements. By he way, they are also NATURALLY SKINNY.

I'm glad you you're at least interested in the subject.
Always have been. Again, I've had to please other folks' palates most of the time.........but am subtly changing their mindset. Rome wasn't built in a day. However, even if I do not bring home the "junk food" somehow it mysteriously appears in the pantry and freezer !!!!!!!!!!!
The junk food gremlins. Talk about gremlins...........my "replies" are appearing on your green background above............