View Single Post

Old 07-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Ok, I don't think Al is using 8x8volt, that would be a 54volt pack all his data shows 48, I guess they (two extra) are for accessories.

Al can tell you how he fitted those extra battery's better than I,
but it appears to have a lift kit and larger wheels/tires, this adds to the distance it will go, but if you go too large it will bog down.
10" wheels should work with appropriate tires, that will cost 800-1,000.

I think if you get a new pack and keep it charged all the time with the BM or solar, you can get even more miles, and the pack will last 6+ years.

We'll let Al chime in here with his more specific info.

If I'm not mistaken, Al has converted his cart from six 8-volt batteries to eight 6-volt batteries. That configuration is supposed to get more miles. My battery pack is less than two years old and I keep it charged all the time.
I don't understand what this battery minder is all about. I used to manage fleets of golf carts. I had a fleet of the DS 48 volt cart when it first came out and the computer in the cart kept the batteries charged as long as they were plugged in. If the charged dipped below a certain level computer would kick the charger on until the batteries were fully charged and then shut it off. A few years later I had a fleet of Precedents and it was the same story. All you had to do was keep the charger plugged in and the cart computer did the rest.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.