View Single Post

Old 07-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Your cart appears to have larger wheels than standard. Does it also have an upgraded suspension system? What did you have to do to get the 8 six volt batteries in? I have a 2002 Club Car Ds and would love to upgrade it and be able to get that kind of mileage. Warning, I am pretty much a fill and go guy as you call us. I am not interested in spending hours maintaining my cart.
If I used the 'gas and go' it was in jest; I hope it came across that way.

These are 10 inch wheels with 205-65-10 tires. This setup will fit the DS on the rear with no adjustments. Many people do just the rear to gain about 10% speed. There must be a loss of tourque, but I cannot tell.

I went with front and back because I liked the look. I used a three inch spindle lift kit from Jake's ($300) and I got the wheels/tires from Golf Cart Guy on 441 ($400).

I documented how I added 2 batteries. The thread is long but a couple of posts show the basic design:
My experience converting a cart from 6-8 to 8-6 volt batteries

My Dad and his friend just added two batteries to their DS carts. They used a different option and it came out great. I will see if I can find some pictured if you are interested. I had planned to create a thread showing the design, but life gets in the way

We are about to get a pretty good thunderstorm (severe) where I am in MA, so I will leave you with that long and boring thread and come back later.