View Single Post

Old 07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandnancy1112 View Post
Attention Everyone:

I have a story to tell:

Two weeks ago I went to Aspen Dental on 441 for the free xrays and exam advertised in the Daily Sun. After having the panoramic view of many xrays the Dental Hygenist came in with an assistant. She then instructed her to mark every tooth of mine with weird numbers on a piece of paper. After this was done, the Dentist came in and looked at the paper and showed me the paper with many red marks on it. Then he told me I had gum disease. I couldn't believe it because I didn't have any problems. Then, I was instructed to go into the next room to see the financial person. I went in and sat down and she proceeded to tell me it was going to cost $2100. This would include 2 visits of opening my gums and putting antibiotics in them. She asked if I had any insurance and I told her I didn't. Then she offered me a $300 coupon and also asked me if I used a regular toothbrush or automatic one. I told her I use a regular toothbrush and then she told me they would throw in an automatic toothbrush for nothing and that would take the cost down to a mere $1700. Then she said if I wanted to I could pay $100 a month unless I didn't have good credit. I told her I had excellent credit but that wasn't the problem. I told her I have always kept up with my dentist appointments on a regular basis and couldn't believe my dentist wouldn't have seen this. She said that happens sometimes.

I left the office realizing I would get a second opinion. And that is what I did.

I went to a dentist here in the Villages today and didn't say a word about my previous visit to Aspen. I had xrays and an exam all over again. And guess what? The dentist looked at my xrays and my teeth and said right away hat I have beautiful teeth and she can tell I take very good care of my teeth and my gums. And, the dentist noticed a drill had been left in one of my teeth. I told it was left in there by mistake by a previous dentist years ago when he performed a root canal. Aspen didn't even mention that.

My advise to everyone is don't go to Aspen Dental unless you want to get ripped off.
The SAME exact Aspen dental office in Mt.Dora happened to me and my husband!!! I'm still paying for the 2400. bill a yr later !!