Thread: Solar Attic Fan
View Single Post

Old 07-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Gold member
Default Watch out for mis information

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
I read;

"Testing done by the Florida Solar Energy Center has shown that roof shingle temperatures do increase between 5 and 10°F when radiant barriers are installed under the roof deck. The color of asphalt shingles has more of an effect on shingle temperature than the presence of a radiant barrier. No shingle manufacturer limits their warranty when combined with a radiant barrier in the roof system."
That was with the old system that was nailed to the roof, new systems are stapled to the rafters and Florida Roofing and Florida Energy audits showed no danger to any roofing material. When radiant barrier was properly installed by a certified insulation company. Abshire in TV is certified. I trusted my builder. What do you think of Radiant barrier? His answer I Love it it is my home and most green homes now built. Question why does the villages not allow it in a new construction. Answer- Can't make the huge mark up they used to do it. If radiant was bad you would not see it promoted on out Seco Energy Web Site.