View Single Post

Old 07-24-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
A while back someone posted a few sites for downloading free ebooks. There were a couple or three sites. I thought I bookmarked the thread but can't find it now. I've done a search for free ebook threads on the forum, but there are so many of them, I thought I might ask here if anyone remembers the title of the post or what member it was. I have a friend who received a Kindle Fire and wants to find some free sites.

I'm hoping someone with a better memory than mine might be able to help!
I have a Kindle Fire... I am a avid reader, both Ebooks and audio.. The site that I use ... and it is AMAZING is "Overdrive.com" this site is connected to your library.. you type in your zip code and off you go.. it will connect you with the group of librarys.. "free" you just need your library card.. I still have my card from NY and will be down in TV full time in 2 weeks.. I will have to see how it works there.. You will need to down load the "overdrive app" to the Kindle.. The Kindle is an Android... You can borrow for up to 3 weeks then puff the are gone... This site will keep your friend busy for a long time because its the library!! I just checked and the zip code for The Villages does not come up.. You can use.. Lady Lake - 32159 Leesburg - 34748 I would love to hear what you think....:-)