Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

OK Girls.Here's a question for all of you. There's a current thread out there called "A Day at Citizens First." Please take a minute and read it.

The post was placed on the "Funny" Section but I'll be darned if I can see anything funny about it. It's a comparison between how women and men use an ATM machine. Apparently men are the only ones who can operate an ATM and us dumb women just can't manage those complicated things without doing damage while trying. That is the whole point of the joke.

When I posted that I found it offensive, I was accused of "Whining." What do you think? Can you operate an ATM? Do you find it funny to be ridiculed just because you're a woman? These guys are still living in 1948.

I would love to see a nice polite discussion take place about this stupid joke and I won't post about this again, but I felt it was worth bringing to your attention. We might be old, but we are living in a modern world and I for one won't put up with that ,er, stuff, any more. I already went through the marches and the bra burnings for women's rights. God, can you imagine us burning bras today! lol!!

Thanks for your kind attention.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!