View Single Post

Old 08-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteDz View Post
I am wondering where there is a list of specific course rules that apply to golfing in the Villages. A golfing partner insists that you get a "free lift" when you hit into the tall grass and/or landscaping. He said that The Villages have that rule to protect their landscaping efforts. Is this true? Are there any other Village specific "golf rules". Oh yes, the other is you never score more than double-par on a hole, and "preferred-lie" is OK.
I will speak to championship courses. USGA rules apply in TV, like most courses I have ever played anywhere.

For TV championship courses, any local rules are on the scorecard, i.e., special instructions for relief from flower beds, etc.

If my memory is right you get relief from flower beds and beds with flowering bushes. You do not get relief from grass beds. I would not trust my memory I would check the scorecard. The scorecards are out on golfthevillages.com.

I do not think you will find preferred lies or double par in the rules or the card . I can tell you one thing, I am long in the cart wondering why I love this game by the time I hit double par .

Last edited by ajbrown; 08-06-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: fixed spelling, added last sentence