Thread: greens fees
View Single Post

Old 08-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The rates are the most expensive from 10/15 to 12/30 and then go up even more 1/1 to 4/30. Last winter I waited until the end of October and took out a six month membership for 3 courses, your choice. That cost $490, I chose Mallory, Cane and Havana. November and December it knocks your fee down $10 and from January to April it reduces the green fees $15, this also includes your trail fee on the executive courses ($110 value). I figured if I played a championship course twice a week I actually came out $100 ahead.

Cane Garden seems to be always in bad shape, so I would probably leave that off next time. Palmer I like the course but their green fees are inflated even with a membership. Since I've had a chance to play Glenview a few times I would definitely put that on my membership list.

I'm considering not paying the membership this winter and play off campus instead. Most of the golfers in my circle are going to be playing elsewhere this winter as well. Plus I don't play the executives so I get no benefit there and I found trying to play twice a week during the winter is a sometimes hard to do.