Thread: Attack Dog
View Single Post

Old 08-30-2012, 02:14 PM

First off I don't have a beef with a person having dogs as long as they are responsible, take care of them, pick up after them and keep them leashed. Most owners are responsible and care for there animals. And there animals are well behaved.

Its those few that don't that make the problems. If the dogs are aggressive and chase me, try to bite me and I am armed at the time...the dog won't survive. I will call the sheriff to pick it up. This has happened once before to me and it was a pit bull mix. (not in the villages) The owner didn't care that this dog ran loose and tried to attack people. He cared after I put it down when it came at me. You have every right to protect yourself. And the nice thing was every neighbor came out and filed a report against the owner when the sheriff did come out to take the dead animal. So he didn't have a leg to stand on. The owner can also be taken to court over costs incurred in injury and the dog removed and destroyed. Whoever the owner is needs to take notice. There are better leash laws here than where I used to live which is good.

I am glad you and your wife are okay. What time of day did this occur? The owner didn't try to retrieve them?? Sounds like he feels he has his own personal dogpark down that way.

I tell you what...call the sheriff or animal control...tell him what time of day this was...where it was exactly...description of the animals. Ten to one he'll be out there the next day at the same time and place with the dogs (unless he reads this board ). They might be able to pick up the animals and fine the owner before someone really gets hurt.

Last edited by goodgrief; 08-30-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: addition