Thread: walkin' the dog
View Single Post

Old 09-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Count me as one you can believe. I cannot imagine any dog I have owned (past the age of puppy when they do not understand some basic rules) that would leave my side to pee during a walk. If one of my dogs 'tried' to leave my side, it is a signal to me they REALLY need to go and we find a place as soon as we can, but never someone's yard. Maybe I am lucky....
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
DITTO!!! *Dog does not go where owner doesn't allow him to go. Leash training plus a six-foot-leash takes care of that. Owner is the boss of the dog.
Yep! Not once since I've lived here, have I ever let my dogs step one foot onto someone else's yard, not even to sniff, let alone to pee or poop. I've never understood the rational from some folks that their dogs "have to" go on someone else's property. I understand that some dogs need to walk for awhile before they do their business, and I certainly understand a dog's instinctual desire to mark. And I know from experience (as a visitor) that walking in circles around a house doesn't work very well. But that's my concern. It shouldn't be my neighbor's concern.