View Single Post

Old 09-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Sage
Default Invisible Fences

Yesterday, my wife and I were driving on Talley Ridge Drive and we spotted a miniature Dobie running on the road with no owner around. We stopped and I went over to the dog to see if he had an ID tag - he didn't. He did have the electronic gizmo on his collar for an invisible fence. After the dog sniffed my hand, I picked him up and we went home and got a leash. My wife went house by house on a couple of streets nearby asking if they knew of a Miniature Doberman in the area. I walked the dog up and down the streets to see if he knew where he lived - he didn't.

My wife's search turned up a neighbor of the family who owned the dog and she went to that house. The dog had not been missed and the owners were really surprised he was gone.

I met my wife at the car and we drove the dog back home. Family re-united! Glad the search had a happy ending. People with invisible fences should check periodically to see if the collar devices have enough battery power to still work. I don't know if that was the case or if the dog had just broken through and could not get back in.

We met some nice people in the asking around and everyone seemed to like dogs. Made me feel good! (I do not have a dog.)