View Single Post

Old 09-13-2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Here is what I posted a while ago in the Medical and Health Discussion forum here. Our appointments were back in January of this year.

"My husband and I went to Royal Dental recently and left very unsatisfied. We chose this office due to it being on the list of providers on our new insurance. Dr. Gaitan was out of the office so we saw his associate, Dr. Fisher (Fischer??). He was very nice and he did a quick exam. The hygienist was another story. I can't recall her name but she is an older woman, rough around the edges, and very rough in our mouths. My gums were extremely sore for a week following the cleaning. This is the first time in my life where a cleaning did not include some scaling. I am not sure if our insurance only pays for an "economy" cleaning or if she just didn't want to bother to do it. Most of the pain we experienced came from her brutal use of the saliva "vacuum" (I don't know the proper word for this tool). It was a large, plastic tube that she kept pressed tightly against our gums....OUCH! We both spoke to her several times about the fact that she was hurting us but she didn't seem to care and justified all of our complaints with defensive remarks. We will be looking for another dentist and an office where compassion and gentleness is practiced."
Be glad to didn't have Mr. German Gaitan do anything! The only tooth he filled for me was rough on the surface and has ached for the past year and a half. I don't ever recall having a problem with a dentist before (guess there's always a first time)! I wonder if he is truly certified. Also, he was very snippy with his assistant. Nicht gut.