Thread: RJ Gators
View Single Post

Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetsforgotten View Post
First let me say, I am a retired military member who is 100% disabled. I fought for this nation, I put my health and well being at risk for America, and defend my service & brothers in arms and sisters 100% of the time.

With that being said, my wife and I decided to dine at RJ's since we had eaten elsewhere in the Landing the night before.

Out of the clear blue as my wife & I were having a conversation, our meal was totally ruined because our server decided it was appropriate to tell us that she thought our child who is 4 months old who was watching Fox News on the TV's above head, shouldn't be watching such poison. She stated our child should be watching cartoons. We refuse to allow our children to watch cartoons due to the constant indoctrination of children to a number of alternate lifestyles we don't approve of and won't expose our children to. That is our choice as parents and America's destruction internally in our opinion is due to because children are exposed to many things they have no business being exposed to.

Then the server went on a triad about our military, and how we should be accepting of Islam, even though they are killing our citizens and we should just accept them into our nation with open arms BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Frankly, after having friends killed by Islam and their radicals, I bet you know how I feel what we should do about radicals who attack our troops. Let me say this, we need more parking lots for our SUV's worldwide.

My wife at this poor is in shock over this servers blatant and bold disregard of our peaceful meal that she has now destroyed. Then we decided to leave because we had had enough of her BS, and on the way out the door she decided to tell us we should teach our child how to read, like some how she has determined we are now unfit parents unable to rear our own child. One of four I might add, the oldest of which is on active duty in the Army.

If this is the norm for the villages, as far as political views, the hired help, or overall attitudes towards parents of small children, or military members you can be assured we will no longer spend our time or money in the area.

It seems this sort of attitude towards children, would explain why The Villages refuses to allow children take residence there.
Why on earth did you not immediately contact the manager? I can think of no other place in Florida more accommodating to both military and veterans. This "Pinhead" was totally rude and the behavior inappropriate to say the least. The manager (I would hope) would have apologized for the servers rudeness and comped your entire meal in an effort to make things right for you and your family.

I am part of a non-profit group (Grateful American Coin) and our mission is to individually thank military members and veterans for their service while at the same time raising money for the Wounded Warriors and Paws for Patriots. I meet many veterans here in The Villages, and I think most would agree there is no friendlier or supportive community in the world! I have dined at RJ Gators several times and have never once experienced or seen this type of rudeness, so perhaps it was an unfortunate anomaly. In any event it should have been brought to the attention of the manager. Thank you for your service!