View Single Post

Old 10-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=EdVinMass;572337]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
Stonecrest is accessable by golf cart from the Villages, but at the descression of the Villages developer it can be cut off..../QUOTE]

The only way it can be cut off is to close it down completely and deny the the thousands of TV residents from using it to get to Lowes, Walmart etc. by golf cart. You cannot create a restricted access route to the public roads in Orange Blossom Gardens, it's against the law! That's why the gate arms were removed.

And a few more corrections:

The ten or so championship golf courses are privately owned and open to the pubic and therefore so are their restaurants and bars.

The golf cart bridge was built and maintained by the private retail establishments, traverses a state road and it too is therefore public.

The nightly entertainment is paid for by the retailers and not TV amenenity funds. It too is open to the public.

The two golf cart entrances to Stonecrest to/from Walmart are restricted to Stonecrest residents because our roads are private.

And I think it's silly to suggest that the sheer number of pools, club houses, tennis courts is a definative factor in determing the quality of life in a given community.

Just saying.
You and Mack and my friends who live there in Stonecrest enjoy it there in Stonecrest..

Me and Sweetie and a few other of my friends who live in The Villages enjoy it there in The Villages.

To each their own.