View Single Post

Old 10-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
Thank you Realtor...and the local Realtor route **may** be my choice...

BUT...

The most useful opinions for me would be from those Villagers who have actually experienced sales of their Villages homes, especially those who upsized or downsized within The Villages.

So I would like to hear from these.

Next...
We bought 3 preowned homes in the Villages, one each from owner, MLS and TV group. As for service and closing, the easiest was on our own: MLS was OK but needed a couple of swats to do things right or the way we wanted, and TV agent was a real dutz. All homes were initally viewed as open houses.
We listed one of our sales with TV group after carefully selecting the agent as one who was experienced and really worked at selling used. ( we visited open houses for a couple of weeks, basically observing them in action "interviewing " them in "reverse". Our listed home sold in 35 days and the agent was very active in showing it and agressively negotiated very close to the asking price. Our first home was sold to a friend. We interviewed several MLS agents but could not find one to our liking (sorry Lyle, we didn't know about you)
From what I can tell from the published statistics it appears that total monthly used sales run about 130 units for each TV and MLS. So maybe it doesn't matter who you choose.
We did notice that reps from 2 of the MLS agencies are very price driven and usually the third thing out of their mouths is "its listed at $XX, but I know we can do much better"; maybe they all are ex-used car sales people. Seem more interested in commissions than working for the seller.

You can PM me if you want the name of the agent we used.

One other thing, seems to me that TV asks for 1% more commission, but I wouldn't worry about that if you can find someone who will get the job done professionaly and quickly.