View Single Post

Old 10-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Just leave them alone.They are not causing any problems. As Mom use to say,"tend to your own". Or the polite way, Mind your own business.
I think that's an excellent answer. Jesus said that "the poor will always be with us". And if these people are not trying to get in your way, or knocking on your car windows as somtimes happens in places like NYC, Chicago or LA, then leaving them alone is the correct answer.

With that said, I have come to see many of these people in an entirely different light following several episodes of a very interesting program on National Geographic called "Drugs, Inc." On that program you see a number of drug addicts going out to panhandle using the "I'm homeless" or even worse the "I'm a homeless veteran" scam to pull at people's heartstrings just to get money for their drug habit.

But as PAJ said in their post, if they're not bothering you, then either leave them alone, or put a couple bucks in their hat, whichever you're led to do and go on about your business.