View Single Post

Old 10-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,544 Times in 1,928 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
"I bet many folks NEVER thought that PH'ers would appear here in the first place.
It is not a good selling point as something we first encounter here."

The poster should realize that the panhandlers in question are NOT in The Villages. The official address up on 441 is Summerfield. It may not be the most desireable thing to see when first coming to The Villages - but we are the bubble of prosperity in the midst of lots of local poverty. Just look at the number of food banks in the area. Thanks to the wonderful giving attitudes of Villages residents and clubs, the food banks can provide some relief to the poor and needy of the surrounding areas.
Many good things are done collectively and privately by kind people who live here. It may not ever be enough but it is a help to those who need a hand up or a hand.

I am so proud to live among so many people with kind and giving hearts in every way.

We all react to the panhandlers in different ways because of our upbringing, life experiences and values. I am glad and grateful to have enough as we all are. Our collective gathering on earth should be to look out for each other as best we can. Knowing another's motives for me is left to higher powers.