View Single Post

Old 10-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
I see them at Buenos Aries at 441 on a daily basis. As a relative newbie wo TV, is that not TV area? I don't know where Summerfield is. Last month, my granddaughter was with me in my car. She is 7 years old and from NY. A woman actually approached the car from her side and frightened her. Although this may not be a regular event, it still sets the stage for other issues if only in ones mind. I have different experience than some others and have a cautions mindset. IMHO the PH individuals need not to be doing so. We moved away from that. Or so I thought. BTW, I mean no one any harm. There are solutions. They have not been thought up yet. paz
I'm sorry. I think this could have been a learning experience for your granddaughter if handled in a calm way and with explanation as to how some people aren't as fortunate financially, for whatever reasons.

In our church in MI, we start small, teaching the young ones what community is and mission is and who has and who has not, and why, and how the fortunate ones giving back to the community helps the poor and society in general.

Unless this person was menacing and threatening, you could explain away the child's fear and make this a teaching moment. Maybe next time?