Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgephart View Post
I personally do not add protein to the green smoothies but many people do and they like it very much. I know several ladies who have used green smoothies and an exercise program and lost a considerable amount of weight. They make a large blender full in the morning (including the whey protein powder) and have a large glass for breakfast. A small glass of smoothie for mid-morning snack and then the remainder of the smoothie and a real nice salad with tuna or shrimp for lunch. Then they eat a normal, potion-controlled dinner. This and some decent exercise and they loose weight AND feel terrific. Some say their finger-nails are stronger, hair shinier and some people who have followed Dr. Oz's smoothies have said their arthritis complaints are much less. If they travel and go off the "diet" for a week - they say their arthritis flares.
Thanks Susi, it's worth a try. I usually find that smoothies just make me hungry, but perhaps adding whey protein will help. I'm sure that having only pure ingredients, especially veggies, would be healthy for anyone.

I always like to try to eat healthy in December, rather than waiting until January and stepping on the scale, and going . Of course I like gingerbread and eggnog as much as everyone else, and that is what makes Jenny Craig rich!