View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamby View Post
In CT. it's a felony crime for a doctor to give false information on a handicap parking application . A doctor under oath will sign the application.

Many people are so lazy they just go to their doctor and complain of some condition just to get a parking permit. I've seen people that really need a close parking space only to see all the spaces full, watching these I notice many people come out of a store carrying lumber ,gas grills, arms full of food bags etc. getting into their vehicle in a restricted handicap parking space. Maybe a few do need parking but if you can walk 100ft without a medical device such as a wheelchair or walker you don't qualify .
It always amazes me when people think they know more about someone by casual observation then that persons medical doctor does. I don't know what the laws in CT are but I know in many states the handicap laws cover much more than how far you can walk without assistance. It seems to me if you are going to judge if a person is handicapped based on what they carry out of the store you could also make a claim that a handicapped person shouldn't even go shopping, after all if they are bad enough to need parking close to the store by what you seem to imply above they shouldn't be able to do anything. My wife has a heart condition, to look at her you would never know. She can even carry a couple of bags of groceries all by her little old self but, without warning she can get dizzy and need assistance getting to the car. She can't drive but she likes to be as independant as possible and carry her own bags. When she does get dizzy it takes a lot of effort to get her to the car or a close by chair but she doesn't use a cane or walker. So by your judgement above even though she qualifies and needs a handicap parking space we should park further out because we don't have your approval to park in a handicapped space. Oh I forgot to add she's 51 looks like she's in her mid 30's so I'm sure you would think she is some kid trying to game the system. Like my mother in law use to say "Lord save me from the good people"