View Single Post

Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I fail to see why you are so threatened by the lawsuit from 2008. You seem to take all of this so personally. But to recap, money was supposed to be set aside to maintain facilities in The Villages, money was not set aside, the residents sued (out of necessity since the developer wouldn't budge), and the courts sided with the residents. The legal team who happened to be Villages residents was the only team the residents could find who would "go up against the system" in a state where the Developer has traded money for political influence in local governments all the way up to statewide and federal levels. How fortunate the Villages residents were to have this legal team willing to fight for them. And how fortunate the courts recognized that the developer was operating illegally. As a result, we residents are now enjoying the fruits of that lawsuit such as the newly paved recreational trails on the north side of 466, and other improvements, improvements that are paid for by our money that we had to sue to get.
I am not the one bringing up the lawsuit. YOU are.

I do not see that at all when I read what happened.