View Single Post

Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
After a LSV I returned to TV for a month's stay. A month or two prior to my arrival I made contact with both KathieI and Chax3 on TOTV. Both welcomed me with open arms and introduced me to many of their friends and acquaintances. Thank you both - again!

On the night of my arrival a man walking his dog on the street where I had rented a home welcomed me to TV before I was even able to get out of my rental car. Moreover, wherever I went on my own in TV I announced that I was visiting TV with the possibility of relocating there which just about always resulted in a great conversation. People welcomed me to sit with them in restaurants lacking a table for me.

The most astonishing thing for me, since I, too, have been single for a long time, is that in TV it really did not seem to matter whether I was single or married as it does where I now reside.

We all know that changing schools for children is difficult. Cliques form, even during their preschool years. Those who are together from an early age form stronger bonds than those who meet later. The same is true in adult life. I have moved a few times in my adult life and it has always taken some time to become part of a new community. Since TV is a retirement community and literally everyone is from somewhere else people seem to be willing and even eager to meet newcomers. Obviously those who have known each other, whether from back home or from years living in TV will be closer to each other than to newcomers. After some time most people will find a group of friends if they get out and make the effort to meet new people.
I look forward to meeting you Man, I'm sending a friend request.
Kitty