View Single Post

Old 12-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
It is a corporation being used to pay the attorneys. As I stated earlier, the attorneys used by Gary Morse will be the top notch tax attorneys and I believe they are a lot better than government attorneys.

The Developer has made a wonderful place for us. Do not begrudge him the profits. It sounds on one hand that some posters here are of the mindset that the Developer should have done all the developing and making such a great place and not taken a profit. Very strange.
Three points:

First, sorry, you are mistaken. It is not the Morse-owned corporation (The Villages of Lake-Sumter Inc., commonly referred to as "the Developer") that is paying the fees; it is the Center District. That is a matter of public record, and I am not sure where you got any information to the contrary.

Second, I do not begrudge the Developer legitimate profits, even huge legitimate profits, and I have never written anything that could be reasonably be interpreted to indicate that I do. In fact, I have tried to avoid expressing any personal opinions about the merits of the IRS allegations being made against the Developer.

Third, and again I repeat, IF the IRS's allegations are correct, the Developer's profits were illegitimate and were made by scamming the taxpayers of this country through the improper issuance of tax exempt bonds. That characterization of the IRS position is a fact, not my opinion.