View Single Post

Old 12-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdV View Post
At the risk of repeating myself, you signed a contract that binds you to pay that amenity fee in perpetuity but the fee can never be raised more than the annual CPI. In return, the special CDD is contractually obligated in perpetuity to maintain those amenities properly no matter how much or how little it actually costs them to do so. And you agreed to it.

So that’s the way it was when you signed the contract, and nothing has changed..
True, and I never said they had changed. You are merely restating the obvious that I think that everybody, who has even the most basic understanding of the Villages amenities system, understands.

The real question, in simple terms, is: What happens, if as a result of the cost of the IRS's actions and the resulting lawsuits by bondholders (who received a warranty from the Center Districts that the bonds were tax exempt), the Center Districts become financially unable to continue to furnish the amenities?

Yes, I know (and everybody else who has paid the least attention to this matter also knows), we have another class-action lawsuit against the Developer and the Center Districts. But, in the real world, how will that class-action lawsuit be resolved (especially if, by that time, the Developer, which is a corporation, has been drained of its assets), and what happens to the amenities during the years that it may take to resolve the lawsuit? If you have the definitive answer, or even nondefinitive answer, I would like to hear it, because I do not.