View Single Post

Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Veteran member
Default Like My Keurig

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekeithfan View Post
My daughter has one and when we are visiting I'm forced to use it. Actually I've recently brought my own coffee pot up Because:

k-cups of coffee are way weaker than I'm used to. For me they make a lousy cup of coffee.

Very expensive like 60 cents a cup. I can get a Mc Donalds senior coffee for 50 cents I can brew my own for about 10 cents. If you have 4 cups in the morning and one at evening it adds up to plenty for just coffee.

The k-cup brewers don't last long maybe a year or two thats from my friends experience and THEY are not cheap. I got a Farberware purculator my Grandmother gave me when Nixon was president!

All in all.... rave on if you will, they are not for everyone. Not for me.
I agree that the Keurig may not be for everyone. I have a couple, one in my home (about 3 -4 years now) and one in my office and have never had an issue. I drink 2-4 cups a day using the Keuring. Scale buildup can occur in any coffee maker if it is not properly maintained. As to the issue of the cost of k-cups, would you be aware of the k-cup insert that you can purchase so that you can use your own coffee? I grind my own coffee beans each morning and enjoy the fresh coffee. I do use the k-cups if I am running late for example, but overall, I agree, even on sale, they can be pricey. I think I am going to go get another fresh cup now!